Opportunities for Community Service are a part of our students' experience - they start in the classroom and extend the educational experience beyond it. The school strives to engage students in age appropriate, hands-on service projects to foster community awareness and concern, and hones the skills needed to make an effective contribution to society. The objective is to create concerned, responsible and enlightened Global Citizens. At DPS International we believe that every young learner can and will make a difference and positively contribute to the society.Through community projects with local organisations and groups, our students gain a sense of the connections between their education and the world around them.
SERVICE AS ACTION IN MIDDLE YEARS PROGRAMME( MYP), THROUGH COMMUNITY SERVICE
Action and service have always been shared values of the IB community.
Students take action when they apply what they are learning in the classroom and beyond. IB learners strive to be caring members of the community who demonstrate a commitment to service—making a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
Service as action is an integral part of the MYP
MYP learning outcomes for service
With appropriate guidance and support, MYP students should, through their engagement with service as action:
- become more aware of their own strengths and areas for growth
- undertake challenges that develop new skills
- discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities
- persevere in action
- work collaboratively with others
- develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism and intercultural understanding
- consider the ethical implications of their actions.
For more details please check: